Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD - $14.00 Yogurt Maker

05-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
David30005

My Support Groups:
SCD - $14.00 Yogurt Maker

This is a great deal on a yogurt maker.

Yogourmet Multi Electric Yogurt Maker with Yogurt and CBA Starter by Yogourmet on sale at Amazon for $13 and change. Shipping was about $10.00.

I have been using this yogurt maker for the last year and it works great, when you add the requried light dimmer.

Dave
05-27-2011, 02:47 AM   #2
rygon

My Support Groups:
Ive used the easy-yo yoghurt which is pretty good. Im guessing both have live cultures which are supposed to be good for the bowels.

Am i right in thinking once you have the live cultures made in one yoghurt, you just take a couple of tablespoons of that and can make more out of it? Much cheaper (and better for you) than any shop bought yoghurt
05-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
David30005

My Support Groups:
Hi Rygon

The maker is the good deal. I paid almost $50 for the same thing a year ago.
I will not use the starter as it is not compliant with the diet I am on Specific Carbohydrate Diet or SCD.

The basis of SCD is to change the gut flora from good to bad by starving the bad and replacing the good. Sarving the bad is done by not eating things that feed bad bacteria. Replacing the good is done by cooking yogurt for 24 hours with some specific strains of good bacteria, then eating twice per day.
I always use a yogurt starter as I want powerful yogurt. The most expensive and strongest probiotic you can buy VSL has 250 billion per dose. One cup of the yogurt I make has about 1 trillion active good bacteria.

So I take yogurt as a super healthy food and madicine.
However even if you do not do all the stuff I do, and you use organic milk, it is as you say way better than 90% of the garbage they sell called yogurt.

Dave
05-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
David30005

My Support Groups:
This yogurt maker at this price is sold out now

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD - $14.00 Yogurt Maker