• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My road to freedom

my road to freedom

hi my name is jamie i have had crohns since i was 10 yrs old had some bouts here and there the regular flair ups fistulas that needed operations but i did the remicaid treatments and whala no more fistulas but about 2 yrs ago my crohms said hello here i am hear me roar and roar it did:mad2: it started with severe anemia due to the internal bleeding first hospital trip then from there to make a long story short 40 more trips and 9 operations later i know have an ileostomy. i have lost alot in the past 2 yrs friends my boyfriend but i also have gained alot a sense of who i am and what i can be those who i say i lost it is thier loss i also have fibromyalgia anemia and have had 4 blood clots in my lung so i have had a rough trip at a time after the first couple ops i withdrew felt dispair seemed i would never get better my gi wanted me to do humara but i kept getting infections or crohns would act up and have to cut more out so all my docs said to me we are going to do the humara and something told me to push for the ostomy thank god i did they all argued and pleaded with me but i said no shots well when they went in they found so much disease and infection that if i would have done the treatment i would have died every one of my wonderful docs apologized which does not happen often lol especially my surgeon lol i have one more op coming up my stoma has been receeding so they r going to fix that well thats the gist of my journey lots not written but i am hoping to find friends with whom i can relate to my ostomy is now 7mths old mentaly still trying to come to terms. thank youu for reading my story and hope to chat with you all!!!:ybiggrin:

Astra

Hiya Jamie
and welcome

You'll find lots of stoma mates here! We have a stoma sub forum if you haven't already found it.
glad you're on the mend now, and that you find comfort here with us.
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hey, if you would like someone to talk to or even vent to im a great person. My story isnt quit as upsetting as yours nor have I lost any one. Im recently diagnosed.

Your a very strong women and those people you lost that said they were your friends/ boyfriend. They dont deserve you. God has something better planned for you and its there loss that they wont be part of you.

Hi! I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough road I can certainly relate to that. Thanks for responding to my post I look forward to chatting with you. I hope you are doing better now. How old are you?

hi

i am 42 will be 43 in july sometimes feel 103 lol :thumbdown:but u get through it right lol i am just astounded with the people with crohns i always had to explain they would say what is crohns its hard to tell people and make them understand but i am glad for the more info getting out there and people being diagnosed properly now. glad to be here:ybiggrin: