• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just had a resection.

Just had one a week ago. Not much pain, eating normal, already pooping semi normal(long skinny pieces, but getting better everyday), but I have a question.

I don't have all the energy they were talking about. I was told after surgery I would have tons of energy with the removal of the bad area(this was the only area affected).

I'm not saying I feel the same as pre op, but I don't feel light years better. I feel about 10% better maybe... Is this normal since its only been a week?

Astra

Hiya Grey Hawk

I've not had Crohn's surgery but I've had surgery, and you're gonna need more than a week to feel any normality.
You've had anaesthesia for a kick off!
Take it easy, nice and slow
speedy recovery, you'll get there in the end!
xxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Early days yet mate!

My son had a resection about 7 weeks ago and I reckon the beginning of week 4 post op was the real turn around for him. That was when he really started move freely and I started to see shades of him emerging again. Matt expected to start feeling "normal" again after a week but I think this sort of time frame is being unrealistic. BTW, Matt had open surgery.

Dusty. xxx

I don't really remember a whole lot about mine bc I had so much going on at the same time so I always felt bad and was in major pain. Your gonna need more than a week tho to really tell a difference. :)

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am glad to hear surgery went so well. And I agree with those above me, I think you need a few weeks to get some energy back. Hang in there for a little longer!

Congrats, I had open surgery last may for a 12 inch small bowel resection and it took me about 6 weeks to have a good amount of energy. You just can't let it stop you. Setting weekly goals helped me a lot. Like distance walking at one time.