• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My son

my son

I am looking for info that I can't seem to clear clear answers to. My son has Crohns and has had 3 surgeries for removal of sections. The doctors are telling him the next surgery will be sewing his rectum and a feeding tube the rest of his life. He is in his 30's. He is in pain all the time, and cannot control his bowel at night. Anyone out there in this situation?:(:(

Astra

Hiya Kaye
and welcome

I'm sorry I can't help with this, I haven't had any Crohn's surgery, yet.
There are plenty of people here who have tho, someone will come along soon with answers.
In the meantime see if you can find answers in our Stoma sub forum
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

ameslouise

Hi Kaye and welcome!

So sorry to hear about your son's troubles with Crohn's. There are lots of us out here with permanent osotomies, and there might be some users on here that have feeding tubes that can give you advice.

There's lots of info that would help us out tho - how many surgeries has he had and how much is he missing? Where is the active Crohn's right now? What kind of meds has he tried?

Good luck to him - hope he can find away around that surgery, but it might give him a much better quality of life.

- Amy

David

Co-Founder
Hi Kaye and welcome. As mentioned above, you may want to post your specific question in our ostomy support forum as that is where you're most likely to find someone in a similar situation that can provide insight.

All my best to you and your son.

Hello Kaye and welcome to the forum! :)

I just want to wish you and your son all the best.
If you are in need of something specific please just give a shout
someone is always around.

Welcoming hugs~Nancy