• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I don't know what to think of all of this? Do I have Crohn's Disease?

I am 28 yrs old and for the last 2 yrs I have been fighting/dealing with diarrhea and lots of pain in my belly and lower back. It has come and gone over the years, but has never been this bad. Over the last 3 weeks it has gotten worse, I can't eat or drink without feeling sick or running to the restroom. The pain is so bad. I went to the ER today, they ran several test telling me that I don't have the flu which I thought I might have had. long story short they sent me home. But before they did, the nurse asked me if I knew anything about Crohn's Disease? She said that they are giving me meds to help with the pain and to try to get me comfortable while we wait for the test results. That won't be back till Monday. But if the pain gets worse to come back. NOTHING is helping the pain or stoping the diarrhea. They placed me a clear diet. I am so scared... and worried... I don't know what to do???

Dont be scared,It took at least 1 month for them to give me some answers..are you losing alot of weight? pain pills help alittle for an hour or so, I hate this too I have more bad days than good. I have never even been in the hospital before this,And Ive been hospitilized 3 times this year already. drink alot of fluid, stay up on your potassium eat lots of yogurt and bannanas, not salad, and get your tests results back best of luck Michelle:stinks:

Try to stay as calm as you can which I know right now seems like a rediculous statement to make. Stress is my big trigger for starting up my symptoms and making me really sick and I know for many others stress isn't to kind to their symptoms either thus the rationale behind the first statement.

Anyway it took 3 months for my diagnosis and I too was placed on a clear liquid diet at first. I believe this was incase of parasite (or worms?) infection and somehow that was suppose to help. I was on the liquid diet for 2 and a half weeks and I really feel for you there. Meals included 7-up mixed with white grape juice, chicken broth, jell-o, and oh yes more jell-o.

It very well could be Crohn's but it could very well be a variety of other things and that's perfectly okay. When I get that sick I try to just lay on my back with a heating pad on my stomach and try and get rest when I can.

Remember everyone on here is living with Crohn's and it's very much a treatable disease. If it turns out to be the case, as with mine, it will likely be a bit of a sense of relief as you'll finally be able to start some form of treatment for it.

Best of luck and I hope you get some answers soon!

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome.

I'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time, you poor thing.

What tests did they perform?

I wish you all the best!

*hugs*

ameslouise

Hi and welcome!

Monday seems like a long way away when you are waiting for test results, doesn't it?! Try not to think about it too much in the meantime and don't make yourself crazy searchign the internet!

What meds did they give you for the pain? Be careful if they are narcotics (percocet, vicodin, codeine, etc) because they can really slow down your GI system.

Let us know what tests they did and what the results are. Good luck - Amy