Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Hi! I am new here!

06-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
ashley225

Hi! I am new here!

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and just looking for advice and support from other people who are suffering from Crohn's. I was diagnosed last summer (2010) and I have had quite a few flares. Just looking to gain insight!
06-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Hi ashley and

It's good to see you here! You have found a great place for support and info so I hope you stay around.

Would you like to tell us a little more about yourself and how you came to be diagnosed with Crohns?

What medications are you on and/or have been on?

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, nothing is off limits...no such thing as a dumb question or TMI! Just browse the forums and ask away!

Good luck hun and welcome aboard.

Take care,
Dusty. xxx
06-05-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
crazycanuck

Hey there, welcome to the fourms. Great place to gain some knowledge from people who've been there and are there with you.

Best of luck in getting better.

Diagnosed October 2007
Currently on Remicade 400mg (October 2010)

Tried Budesonide (april 2010-july 2010) & Asacol (october 2007- dec 2009) & Imuran (Dec 2009-Dec 2011)
06-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
ameslouise

Hi Ashley and welcome!

You'll get tons of insight here!

What meds are you currently on? How are you feeling? We'd love to hear more when you are ready to share!

- Amy
06-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
ashley225

Thanks everyone! I am so excited to feel like I belong! It is such a relief knowing there are so many other people who have the same thing.

I am currently taking Lialda for my Crohn's. I was originally diagnosed with ulcerative colitis from my first doctor. I sought a second opinion and then had the blood work done for Crohn's which came back positive. I cannot believe I lived my whole life never feeling sick until last summer. Crazy how our bodies work.
06-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Karissa

Hi Ashley! Welcome!

-Karissa

Surgery on November 6, 2009, age 19
Open ileocecectomy
Currently in remission

Meds tried: Pentasa, Prednisone, Cimzia, Flagyl, Asacol, countless natural remedies

Meds currently taking: 6MP

My reading blog, Addicted to Reading

Walking in Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis in September, with my team Karissa and Laura's Fabulous Friends. Make a donation here, thank you!
06-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Gwen pippy

Hi Ashley and welcome

Any questions you have just fire away, there are great bunch of people here all ready to listen. I've had crohn's 24yrs and only just joined myself. I have a great support network around me but have to say there's nothing like talking to others going through the same thing at the same time.

Gwen xxx
06-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
xJillx
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Ashley and welcome! I was like you, completely healthy and then BAM! My diagnosis seemed to come out of nowhere. I never even had heard of Crohn's before. Needless to say, I know a lot about CD now thanks to the forum! I am sure you'll find it as helpful as I have. Once again, welcome to the forum!

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease - July 2010
Diagnosis of Crohn's Disease Retracted - October 2011

I am still sick and so confused...

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Hi! I am new here!