• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

LDN and Cimzia...bad mix?

Hello all!
I have been a lurker on here for sometime. Really intrigued by LDN treatments. Currently on Asacol and Cimzia (as my gi wouldnt prescribe LDN but have since found Naltrexone from a mail order company) I started at 4.5 mg 2 nights ago and after some bad cramping and gas last night curious if the LDN and Cimzia are not compatible. Any answers? I think the LDN would be beneficial if for nothing else but its cancer preventing properties as Cimzia is attributed to Lymphoma in some cases.
Thanks!
Curt

Ian

Hi Curt,

I don't know much about Cimzia, but I know it's a biologic like Remicade and Humira and I think it works in a similar manner; by suppressing part of the immune system. LDN boosts/regulates the immune system, so it works in the opposite way. LDN and immunosuppressants can effectively cancel each other out. I would think the two are not really compatible, since it's not recommended to take LDN with Remicade or Humira.