Share Facebook

06-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
mom2twogr8tkids

Big mistake

I haven't had popcorn since 2008...I ate a whole bag and the next day I was in the ER and later fighting for my life. However I had an abcess and I think the popcorn is what finally did me in.
Last night my youngest wanted some popcorn so we popped a bag. He was sitting right next to me and without even thinking I start putting my hand in the bag. Before I realized what I was doing, I had eaten half the bag with him. So now I'm super nervous!! Just from the popcorn last night I've now been hurting more than I have the past few days and even having some back pain along with it. So now, I'm praying I don't have a relapse.

Amanda

Diagnosed 1999

Current Meds:

Imuran
Questran packet
B12 inj
Bupap prn
Multivitamin
Pacemaker

Previous Meds:
Ileostomy reversal
Bowel obstruction & resection
Apriso 0.375 4 once a day
Prednisone
Flagyl
Cipro
Asacol
Pentasa
06-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
lookame

My Support Groups:
Oh My! Im sorry to hear about your last struggle with popcorn. The bst thing you can do now is to calm down, do some meditation and relax your mind. Lay down in bed (hopefully you have a potty nearby...one of the main appeals to our apartment...theres a potty 2 feet away lol) and do something to take your mind off the pain. Thoughts and prayer!!

Bloodwork is indeterminate IBD, biopsies are crohns positive, symptoms and visually it's UC

Current meds-
Prednisone, humira, 6mp, and lialda
awaiting surgical consult

Mom of Little Z
eosinophilic esophagitis 5/2015
06-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
mom2twogr8tkids

The good thing is I already have a colonoscopy scheduled for Thurs morning so I'm sure I'll feel alot better after that.