Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » In the beginning...

06-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
AndrewsMom

In the beginning...

In the beginning, all was great. Healthy, never had any problems medically, then the pain started. I lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks and ended up in the hospital with internal bleeding and wicked E. Nodosum so bad on my legs and arms I could barely move. Fortunately mine was not so bad that I needed surgery (I still weep for those suffering enough to need surgery. I can't imagine that much pain!) 9 years later, I am married to a wonderful man who tries to be as understanding as possible, bless his heart, and we have the most adorable little boy. Having him was a struggle for my poor tired system and he may be the only one we do have, so he is a true angel. Everyday is a test of patience and strength but I am not alone in this world, my family is always very supportive and I am thankful for that.
06-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Welcome AndrewsMom! Glad you found the forum. You'll get alot of support here, and theres lots of info as well.

Hope you're in remission for now and feeling ok??

Misty
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
06-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
David
Co-Founder

Greetings and my most sincere welcome

30 pounds in 3 weeks? Wow! That must have been pretty intense. I lost about 15 pounds in a month and I thought THAT was harsh on my system.

I'm so glad you have a supportive husband and a beautiful little boy. That must make such a positive difference for you

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around the forum. Again, welcome!
06-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
xJillx
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi AndrewsMom and welcome! It's great to hear you have such a wonderful family and support system. It is very important when you aren't feeling well?

How have you been feeling lately? I hope well enough to enjoy and keep up with your angel.

Once again, welcome to the forum!

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease - July 2010
Diagnosis of Crohn's Disease Retracted - October 2011

I am still sick and so confused...
06-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
AndrewsMom

thanks everyone. I'm not sure I expected a response so quickly let alone so many! Yes, right now I am doing fine- not a lot of energy but enough to keep up with the little one. I guess i'm in remission, the Remicaid is working for me for now and we are taking it day by day. thanks for the support and hope to learn a lot from everyone.
06-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
xJillx
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
So glad you are feeling well. I hope Remicaid continues to work for you for years and years!

I look forward to seeing you around!
06-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Nancy Lee

Hello AndrewsMom and welcome to the forum!

I am so pleased you are doing well and I hope it continues for a very long time.
As you stated "Everyday is a test of patience and strength"..
what a great motto that would make for Crohn's sufferers.

Once again, welcome!
Hugs~Nancy

FaceBook- http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...48&ref=profile

06-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
ameslouise

HI Andrew's Mom and welcome!

So glad the Remi is doing the trick for you! Enjoy your time with Andrew - how old is he?

Also nice to hear you have an understanding spouse and a good supportive family - it's so important with this disease!

- Amy

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » In the beginning...