• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sick of joint pains

Hi Everyone , i know this isn't the first time i've moaned about this (sorry) but these joint pains are awful and getting worse. It's in my fingers,wrists,knees,ankles,elbows,shoulders basically everywhere.:(
I wake up every morning feeling like i've been hit by a bus, i get a lift to work with my fiance and he has to help me in and out of the car as it's so sore.
He also has to help undress me as i can't lift my top's over my head.
I work as a dental nurse and it's an active job im always running around, cleaning and having to work in weird positions (bent over or leaning sidwards) and its so difficult with these pains. Was sent home from work today due to the pains and was running a fever. Went to see my GP today as my GI will not return my calls (7 days of no stop calling) When the GP examined my stomach the areas where it was very painful was the muscles between my ribs which he thinks is also linked to the aza. He also checked my temp which was slighty high and my pulse was a bit quick. Been given yet more antibiotics (about the 10th course this year) and have to go have bloods done tomorrow. These tablets are making me feel about 90yrs old ,Really have had enough now im 27yrs i should be able to walk without having pain.
Been on the Aza for about 2 months - does it get easier ?
On the upside my hairnot falling out as much as it was :ysmile:

Hi
Sorry to hear of your pain.
Is it worse in the morning and evening or after periods of inactivity. Ask your doc to check for Ankylosing Spondylitis, It's an unfortunate bi product of crohns for some people. Gentle exercise is helpful especially swimming. I suffered very badly for 25 years before finally being diagnosed.
I don't mean to scare you and could be very wrong but it's worth checking
Good luck
fof

Hi, It's at it's worse in the mornings and if im sat down for say about 30min or more , getting moving again is difficult. To be honest i dont really exercise , i do enjoy swimming (or used too) so may start up again. I deffo ask my GI about the spondylitis next time i see him.