• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not sure I belong here

Hi...I'm not really sure that I belong here and am hoping to get some guidance from you all. I am a 35 year old mother to 2 children. I also have Lupus. I have been battling with stomach problems for about 3 months now and am wondering if I have crohns so am posting here to see if I can get some guidance.

Last edited:

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hey Mommy, welcome!! There's an entire club devoted to the undiagnosed sufferers on here!! They will have great advice for you!! Good luck!!

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Unfortunately, Mommyoftwo, if you have an autoimmune disease, you are susceptible to developing others as well. I hope that is not the case. Please feel free to take part in the forum. Hopefully, some of the threads will shed some light on your digestive issues. Best wishes!

I agree with what everyone else has said so far. You are welcome to explore the forums and learn, regardless if you end up having Crohn's or not. It is true that having one autoimmune disease makes us susceptible to other autoimmune diseases, but not necessarily guaranteed.

Hopefully you can find some good answers on hear and maybe some questions to ask your doctor, who obviously will have the final say as to the cause of your digestive issues.

Take care of yourself :)

ameslouise

Hello and welcome!

Sorry to hear you are already battling one autoimmune disease! What kind of symptoms are you having that lead you to think you might have Crohn's? There are so many knowledgeable and experienced people here - you will learn a lot even if it turns out you don't have some form of IBD!

Good luck - hope you find some answers very soon - Amy

I have daily diahrea (3-5x/day) for more than 3 months, weight loss, bleeding, bloating and loss of appetite. It is getting worse also. I have tried Nexium and meds for IBS and neither have worked. I did have a colonscopy though which was negative for Crohns in the area they looked so I'm not sure what to think.