• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Having trouble

having trouble

I knew I had a problem in college, but the doctor said I need to lose 30lbs and shut up about it. (I weighed 120 lbs) I continued to tell doctors about my symptoms and continued to be ignored. I told one doctor about my consistent high temperature and blood in the toilet bowl, and she told me I must just run hot and to stop straining when I had constipation. When tried to explain that it was just the opposite, she literally waved her hand in my face dismissing the issue.

I was finally referred to a doctor who decided to give me a colonoscopy and was finally diagnosed (after 20 years of being ignored).

I am having a painful day and getting wron down by the number of times I have to running out of my classroom, don't make it while driving somewhere, or missing everyone sing happy birthday to my 9 year old this weekend because I was in the bathroom.

Is it always going to be like this?

Astra

Hiya Ericamarie
and welcome

Lovely docs! Mine were like that too, accused me of being neurotic and eating too many Mars Bars! My old doc is dead now, rest in pieces!
What meds are you on?
You shouldn't have to be in pain like this, and no, it won't always be like this, but you've got to get this current flare/inflammation under control first.
Have a mooch around the treatment sections on here, there are lots of info on diarrhea and the low residue diet.
Hope you enjoy it here with us, lots of friends here for you
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hey...I to have had my run in with stubborn I know what I'm talking about doctors. I had my first colonoscopy in aug 2009 which the doc said I had UC(saw back inflammation throughout my colon) but didn't want to diagnose me with anything until the biopsies came back...he fell of the Earth refused my phone calls and never called me back. I went to the ER a few times throughout the year and they would give me a CT scan which showed inflammation so they threw a prescription my way saying these won't help you and sent me on my way. Finally I was so anemic I was hospitalized for a week, received another colonoscopy and then I get treated...you know AFTER the disease ripped through my colon. Now I have severe crohns and no medicine is truly working...funny huh.

I have my days thinking I'm never going to get better...but then I look at myself where I was ALWAYS in the bathroom to now it's just mornings.

What meds are you on now, perhaps you should discuss with your doctor that your still going an aweful lot. Hopefully he'll put you on something stronger

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
It'll only be like that if its not being treated properly but remission is a possibility for everyone. Contact your GI and let them know your symptoms so you can get a treatment plan that works for you.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Erica...what part of Upstate NY are you from?

Def get a hold of your doctor to let them know what is going on.....what meds are you currently on?

ameslouise

Hi Erica and welcome!

It's not always going to be like this if/when you find a treatment plan that works for you! If you are not already working wiht your GI to find some good meds or combo of meds that works, please do so right away. You shouldn't be in pain and missing out on life.

Good luck - Amy