• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hey

Hey I am new here! My name is Cindy, I was diagnosed with Crohns in January. I have really been struggling with finding a good medication lately. I am taking Cimzia now and I am not sure it is worth the side effects:redface:

ameslouise

Hi Cindy and welcome!

I have read a lot of recent posts lately from people on Cimzia struggling with side effects. Have you tried any other meds, or was the Cimzia the first thing you went with? There are tons of other drugs out there that you can try. I hope you and your doc can work out a treatment plan that has you feeling better, and without so many side effects, very soon!

- Amy

I have tried several medications, I just don't tolerate medication very well. The Cimzia is actually working but the side effects are horrible. I am losing hair by the handful!

Hi cindybt. I'm relatively new to the forums but you will find loads of really useful info on here and very knowledgable people. I would say, keep trying, I have been on a fair few meds before finding one I settled with and things change too. Most meds will have side effects and I think its finding a med that fits in with you as best as possible. Is the losing hair the side effect of the meds or due to malnutrition. I initially lost lots of weight and hair, but it came back ;0). xxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Oh, Cindy, I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling so much with Cimzia. Has it at least gotten your Crohn's under control? I have read that sometimes the side effects taper off after a few months. How long have you been on it?

Of course, if you find the side effects to be unmanageable, then you need to voice that to your GI. I know you have tried many other options, but sometimes a combination of two or more of the right ones can do the trick. I know it can be frustrating to find what works, and I hope you do soon.

Hello Cindy and welcome to the forum! :)

I have not taken Cimzia myself but others here have
and I am sure they can help you with your questions.

Welcoming Hugs~Nancy

ameslouise

Hi Cindy - I assume your doc is checking your bloods regularly? Iron deficiency/anemia, B deficiency and many other things can help contribute to hair loss as well.

Hang in there - if the Cimzia is helping, you really have to weigh which is worse - the sie effects or the danger from Crohn's activity.

- Amy