Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Alternative Treatment after surgery

06-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Margie63

Alternative Treatment after surgery

Has anyone had luck with alternative treatments such as herbs, etc. after a resection and used these successfully as a maintenance regimen? My daughter is dreading the immunosuppresants and hair loss now that she has finally gotten her blockage found and hen straightened out.

Thanks.
06-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
Dogluv

My Support Groups:
Hi! I'm currently on an elemental diet, after trying remicade which worked, but had bad side effects. I'm on week two and it seems to be working! I think it would be a good alternative treatment if your daugter is ok with going without food for periods of time.
06-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
D Bergy

You could look into using LDN. It is not really an alternative treatment, but it boosts the immune system instead of dampening it.

I use it, and so do a few other people here. It does not work for everyone, but neither does anything else. In my opinion, it should be the first treatment that most people should try, given its safety, and lack of serious side effects. Not to mention the low cost.

www.lowdosenaltrexone.org

Dan

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Alternative Treatment after surgery