• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Had Surgery, not a fun surgery.

Hey Everybody, I had my surgery,, Well its confirmed, I have Crohns, on my previous post, I wasn't sure. :( No more guess work. My surgery was not fun, but my doctor in the end said he took out about 8 inches of the small intestine and large intestine, I was wrong, my problem was at the Cecum and the illeum, where he resected my intestine and also he did something at my sigmoid. He said he got 100% of the Crohns out, but I know and have read about the disease, it can come back.

My surgery, well I got out of the hosptal after 6 days and had a leak from the wound, suddenly it just didn't feel right, I would feel the feeling of passing gas but nothing came out then I would smell it from my wound. Then on the 3rd day, the leak changed, where it looked and smelled like poo from my stomach. :( I was calling the doctor and they were like leaks are normal yada, yada. My sister is a nurse, she saw it that day and was like thats not normal. So back to the hospital, I was bout scared to death at this point, because I knew it could go septic. :( They did a CT scan, I had a leak at the resection point. :(

Well back in the hospital they put a wound VAC on my incision and I ate thru a tube for about 13 days total in the hospital. but it healed and I got released from the hospital Everything is going in the right direction. :) But I'm still having problems. First constiaption for a week then back to the big D. I know this happens back and forth after surgery.

Overall I have felt tons better from the surgery, eating and all. But i'm at the 5 or 6 week mark and now i'm feeling a dull ache in the right side where I know where they did the operation at and I'm getting low grade fevers. My work has been real understanding about this and I have been working from home. This has been ordeal, I had back surgery, and back surgery was a walk in the park compared to this.

I am going to be posting more because I want to here more about it from people and sorry for not posting it has been a trip. And still is. :smile:

Last edited:
Wow Kellix, you have sure been through a lot. May you soon feel well. Take good care of yourself--don't put too much pressure on yourself to get back to 'normal' too soon as it might actually cause you to take longer to heal.