• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First thread, new member

first thread, new member

I am a retired scientist, 66 years old and was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in December, 2006. Thus far I have not had to take any medications to treat the disease, nor have I considered any surgery. My disease manifests itself when there is a temporary stricture in a 3 cm section of my bowel. There are severe cramps which gradually go away when the partial blockage ceases. These attacks are related thus far to diet and my physician has me on a low fiber/residue diet which so far somewhat successful. I did not know this forum existed until today. Thank you.

rygon

Hi and welcome to the forum.
How come you arent on any meds? your choice or the docs. There are a few ppl on here who seem to be doing well without them, but i think majority will take them just to stop the pain. I do think that meds as well as diet is very important. Theres an area for diet and fitness which may be of some interest.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I formula vee and welcome! I am glad you seem to manage well with your disease, but I would imagine if you took some type of maintenance med, you'd do even better! I know some of the side effects can be scary and deter people from starting treatment, but untreated Crohn's that spirals out of control is way worse!! Of course, only you can decide on what treatment plan is right for you. I just hope you continue to do so well!