• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can anyone help?

Hey everyone, I have not been officially diagnosed yet but I thought someone may be able to help. History: I have been having diarrhea for about two years now. Anywhere from 2 to 10 times a day. Once in a while I have cramping and an urgency to go. It is never actually hard just diarrhea or very soft. I saw a doctor two years ago and stopped bcuz i was frustrate. I started going again and had a colonoscopy and it was normal. I have frequent pain on my left side in different place. My sister has crohns disease and my aunt has UC. The only blood test I have had done is white blood cells which are elevated and a thyroid test which was negative. Im wondering if there is anything i should suggest to the doctor or anything I should try. i have tried over the counter things and taken prescription things that do not work. I also have acid reflux. Any help anyone could give me would be great.

I would suggest you ask your doctor for a sedimentation rate blood test when you see him next. It will show whether you have inflammation anywhere in your body. Once there, if there is inflammation present, I would ask for a CT scan of your bowels. This may show them some inflammation directly related to your bowels. If the sed rate test is normal, they will likely not go forward. Hope this helps! :)

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi lawgirl and welcome! Due to your symptoms and family history, you really should not let this go. You need to get to the bottom of this. I would suggest doing an endoscopy or pill cam to see your upper GI tract. Though your colonoscopy was clear, your Crohn's could effect your small intestine and those tests would see that.

Continue to put pressure on your doctor and demand more testing. You need answers! Good luck!