• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Someday this will get better?

I am a 37 year old female that has been battling Crohns for 21 years. My new battle is with weight gain. I have two wonderful kids. After the birth of my now 2 year old, I simply have not been able to lose the "baby weight". I have tried numerous diets, only to end up having a small bowel follow thru on Monday. Things looks fine for now, but I am having horrible reflux.

I should be off the prednisone by this weekend.

I am trying to stay positive, but I am 40 lbs heavier than I want to be.

*Hugs to you* and welcome to the forum. glad things are fine regarding your crohn's.
i'm sure the prednisolone has contributed to the weight gain, i know when i was on it i ate like a horse, give it time to leave your system look at your diet, reduce portion size, start a new form of exercise and drink tons of water, it may help with the reflux too. if you're determined enough to do it, you'll get there, don't lose too much though, it's good for us crohnies to have reserves just incase a flare up pops up :)
all the best. hannah.

First time I flared I lost 40 lbs due to flare and healing from hysterectomy - I told everyone - well that's why I couldn't lose the weight before this, someone upstairs knew I would need to have that reserve for this time in my life. I still have quite a bit to lose but I can't imagine how ill I would be if I had been at my goal weight when I flared.

I lost 60 pounds, It's extremely hard for me to gain weight. I hope the best for you. stay strong.

If you want to lose wight you should use a sauna suit. This is what boxers use to lose weight. You can wear it in the house and do cardio in it if you don't like to exercise

its always good to have some back up weight god forbid if a flare up will occur. But do not let this disease deny your goal. trust me use the sauna suit