• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introduction!!

Heey guys so im 15 years old and was diagnosed with crohns about 4 months ago, and am almost done with my prednisone!! i started at a dose of 45mg and am currently on 10mg right now. i started off with the boost diet but simply could not do it as it was just far to hard to not eat anything. I have went up quite a bit in weight about 9lbs but am noticing i am starting to lose weight is this normal? is there anything i could do to stop losing weight as i noticed i am starting to look a lot healthier as more weight is being gained.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome :)

A few things:

1. I understand how hard it can be to stick to a Boost diet. IF you can't stick to it, how about supplementing your diet with it to help with the weight gain?

2. We have a diet and fitness section you may want to check out.

3. We have a private forum for teens. If you're interested, PM me and I'll provide you the password.

Again, it's great to have you here. See you around :)

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Roblee and welcome! I am a little concerned you are losing weight again. Have you changed your diet? Have you spoke to your doctor about this? Sometimes when people try to come off predisone, it can be a little challenging. When dropping the dose, some might take one step backward. So, they have to up their dose again, and then step back down. I am not saying that is exactly what is happening with you, but if other symptoms start to show up again along with the losing weight, I would phone your doctor right away.