• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Did a stupid!!!!

I know better....I really do. But every now and then I get a bit too comfortable and do a real dumb one! :ybatty: Sunday night my husband and I went to dinner at a Mongolian stir-fry place. I know enough to keep any vegatable intake at a bare minimum. Well, I enjoyed dinner but the aftermath was AWFUL. The pain finally sent me to the ER to make sure that I had not given myself a blockage. When will I ever learn?!?!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I wasn't aware that any type of food was a bad idea when you already have a stricture.

With Stricture's its best to avoid high fibre. The sort of fibre the body cannot digest. Fruit Peel, Bran cereals, salads, Green veg & most of all Mushrooms. These are all likely to stop in a tight area & form a "stopper".
Rgds
Grant

1st symptoms 1983
Diagnosed 1985
1997 Right Hemicolectomy & Resection
2002 Laperotomy & Resection
2010 Laproscopic Ileocolic Resection
Currently got yet another stricture.

Been on Azathioprine & Pred
Currently on Entocort 9mg other day
Humira 40mg every two weeks
Calcichew
Pentasa 4gm daily
3mthly B12 Jabs

Yep I do the same thing with other foods. Everytime I feel like I am on top of the world i do something stupid :angry-banghead: I usual don't pay that much, I'll probably just go the bathroom all night. I love pizza but gosh darn it, I can not have it

I've been lucky that I can eat pizza, I have no problem with milk (thank goodness....I love ice cream!) But veggies.....FORGET IT!

pizza and cheese

I can usually eat pizza. The cheese is the part that bothers me but I just take a few lactaid pills and a few more with different bites and the cheese is my friend again. Most of the time this works.:D Today it did not.:ywow: Maybe I got a bad batch.:( I now have cramy cramps and my colostomy bag looks like a balloon. :stinks:
I hope it doesn't last much longer because ....well OUCH!