• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pentasa

pentasa

hi my husband is on pentasa 4g but experiencing headaches, fatigue and relapse of diarrhea ..... can the med be discontinued without drs supervision

thanks

rygon

Its not adviced to. Are you sure its the drugs that are causing it or the illness itself (i would go for the latter).
Maybe its worth talking to the doc 1st to see what they say. Maybe azathiprine or something will help

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Sherry and welcome! I would not stop any medication before speaking to a doctor. Though your husband is experiencing side effects, things could get a lot worse for his Crohn's if he stops treatment abruptly.

I suggest contacting your husbands doctor to set up an appointment to discuss other treatment options. Good luck!