• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dealing with this disease

dealing with this disease

hi everyone

i am the long suffering wife of a hubby with crohns disease diabetes ankylosing spondylitus .we have trundled on for years on pred and eating issues belly ache etec without much doctor intervention then in 2009 bang perforated bowel multiple internal abcesses and our world turned upside down .

hubby ended up in theatre and in a coma for 19 days they gave him an ileostomy and since then he has had a major resection and reversal of ileostomy everything was going well until 2 months ago when the pain started to re occur back in hospital again it would appear he has a stricture and another small perf they put him on an elemental diet which we have done for 5weeks there has been a great improvement. there is now great debate about whether more surgery will be needed we are now on a low residue diet during the day and elemental feed via gn tube at night

has anyone else done this ?

the added prob is my hubby is hospital phobic and every time he is in i have to stay with him 24hrs a day or he runs away ill or not !:sign0085:

Astra

Hiya Starfish
and welcome fellow Brit

Your story is so familiar to a lot of us and we all empathise and relate.
I hope you find comfort here with us, to vent, to cry or anything you want!
In the meantime there are lots of info in our sub forums including surgery, stomas and diet.
Glad you found us, and we'll see you around the forum!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! I am sorry to hear your hubby is feeling unwell again. But the elemental diet has helped? That is great news.

I don't have any advice as far as an elemental feed via gn tube at night, but perhaps if you post your question in the Diet and Fitness forum, you'll get a better response.

David

Co-Founder
Hi starfish and welcome. I'm sorry you and your husband are having so much trouble with all of this :( I'm glad you found your way here though and I wish you and your husband nothing but the best!

*hugs*