• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Eosinophilic Inflammation

My son is still undiagnosed. I was reading through his biopsy reports and his inflammation is mostly eosinophilic. Only his cecum has both neutrophilic and eosinophilic cryptitis. The colonoscopy report does not include the density of the eosinophils. I read that Crohn's disease can have eosinophilic inflammation, but I am not sure if that is common for Crohn's or not. Any thoughts or sharing of your biopsy reports are appreciated.

(I read about Eosinophilic gastoenteritis last night. Danny does have elevated serum eosinophils, elevated IgE, and history of allergy and asthma. We have had serum food allergy tests that shows milk and wheat allergy. But 6 months of a dairy-free and gluten-free diet did not help. A month trial a prednisone made his much worse within 3 days.)

Thanks!!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
It would be wonderful Jeanne if you could discover that Danny's problem is just a food allergy. I hope you get the answers you guys are looking for!

Crohn's Mom

both of my boys pathology reports state mild chronic inflammation with "no evidence of eosinophilic inflammation or Barrett's esophagus".
I don't have Gabrielle's , but I suspect it would show the same.

My eosinophils were raised in one of my blood tests. I cut out dairy and wheat/gluten and they went back to normal after 4 months. I do have UC, but it was exacerbated by the food allergy.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I have looked over both Sarah and Matt's pathology reports and they don't state anything about eosinophils but do mention neutrophils.

Dusty. xxx