• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here- colonoscopy tomorrow

Hi everyone. I have had Crohn's for the past 24 years. I found this forum when I was searching for information about vomiting my prep up. Fun times, no? I am doing the Miralax/Ducolux prep. I drank about 2/3 of it, and in the middle, threw up a lot of it. Now, just looking at the prep makes me gag. I am already having fairly clear stools, so I hope I can still have my scope tomorrow.

I've been very symptomatic for the past 7 months, including a stint in the hospital, and my GI wants the scope before prescribing methotrexate (I'm already doing weekly humira shots) I want the scope done because the last time I was inpatient, a flex sig showed "new" areas with disease.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Linda and welcome! I'm glad you found your way here though I'm sorry you had to do it the way you did :(

Ah the joys of colonoscopy prep. Sorry to hear just the sight of it is making you gag, but I certainly understand all too well.

Anyway, see you around the forum :) And again, welcome!

Hi Linda, Welcome! Good luck with your colonscopy and yes the prep is horrible! but I look forward to being knocked out and being able to relax for half an hour before the procedure.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome Linda! I hate prep, too! The worst is golytely. Ugh! I couldn't keep that stuff down.

I hope your colonoscopy goes well today and give you some insight as to what has been going on. Keep us posted!