• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doctor bills, I want them to go away!!

Between my daughter and I, we have over $17,000 in doctor bills we owe, this is after the insurance pays their part. We have over $7,000 of that we are being sued over. I have to go to court on tuesday to see what they will be taking out of my husbands and mine pay a week. When I found out about this bill I wrote them a letter and asked if they would except $10.00 for now because I was already paying over $100 on some other doctor bills. They did agree but now they don't. I don't understand I have paid every month and I have to go to court. I am so sick and stressed I just don't know what to do. I don't understand hospitals they are suppose to help you but sue you when they don't get paid fast enough. Stress, something I don't need and have to deal with.
April

I am so sorry. Doctors and hospitals can be so frustrating to deal with and when you are sick you don't have the money for bills! In the future, most places have financial hardship papers you can fill out. Do that in the beginning before it goes to court. Also, sometimes you can get medical loans to consolidate your bills. We have tried all of the above, including credit cards and borrowing against the house to cope. (Wouldn't recommend cc's or borrowing against the house, just FYI)

Thanks for the reply. I have talked to and am working with achieve, (I think I forgot to put that on there, you get so mad and you start typing and for get to put things down) which takes your doctor bills and combines them together and pays each place a certain amount. They are very nice and helpful.

April

Ah thanks David. That looks like a great reference. I will keep that for the future. Medical bills are never paid up it seems.