• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, new members, would like some info if avail

Hi, my name is Joe and my wife to be has Crohn's. She underwent 14 hours of bowel reconstruction last year and so far has made fantastic progress back from the brink. She has had surgeries prior to this that removed her bowel and is now left with around 2.2m of small intestine and an iliostomy. She is prescribed with TPN six nights a week but her progress is such that it looks promising for that to be reduced further in the future. All of this is fantastic news but I have a question about our future lifestyle together that I am hoping to find an answer to on here through you guys.
I am in the Royal Air Force and an offer of a posting (draft) to Cyprus in the Med is a possibility. I am trying to find out if anyone can give me any info about other Crohn's patients, their treatment and whether TPN is produced locally on the island or if it is flown in on a regular basis. If it is flown in, what special handling procedures are observed in the transportation of the TPN, apart from the usual keeping it between 2 and 8 Celcius?
Any help anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers :)
Joe

David

Co-Founder
Hi Joe and welcome. I'm pleased to hear that your wife is doing better after her surgery.

Would I be correct to assume that you would be staying on a base in Cyprus? If so, would your wife be getting treatment from a base facility or would she be required to go to an off base facility?

Hi Joe, I cant answer your questions but wanted to welcome you to the forum and say Im glad your wife is doing much better since surgery

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome Joe! I am glad your wife is doing better post op. But as you obviously know by your concern with health care in Cyprus, it is important to keep her well. I don't have an knowledge of the island or its health care, but they do Colitis and Crohn's association, which is promising: http://www.cycca.org/ I would see about contacting them directly to get answers to your questions. Good luck!