• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly stressed out

newly stressed out

hi my name is Annie and i was diagnosed with crohns 8 months ago when i was pregnant with my now healthy 7 month old. I gave birth a month early and struggled with a new baby, new diagnosis and a disabled child already so my life has been a whirlwind lately. i'd love any advise i can get on how to manage life with it as im sick of making 2 different meals in my house as i cant eat what the other members of my family do or i get real sick. im a happy go lucky girl and i can handle anything life throws my way - im a survivor. Please, give all the good/bad/funny advise and stories you can, id love to hear from you and im glad i finally found a support group.

god bless

annie
xxxxxxxxx

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Annie and welcome to the forum. You sound like a survivor! You have a lot on your plate. This is a great place to get support and to find answers and advice regarding the bully known as Crohn's Disease. You are not alone here. Please join us in the threads, and you'll make some new friends in the process. :)

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. What kind of treatment do they have you on? I hope they get your disease under control so you can eat with your family again.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Annie and welcome! I love your attitude. However, keep in mind, you are NOT invincible! Do you have a husband or partner who can help out a bit more when you aren't well? I play the domestic role in the household, but when I am not well, my hubby cooks his own meals and safe meals for me and picks up the slack. Though, it was hard for me to ask for help at first, I am happy I did. I have learned I need to take care of myself and not push too hard, otherwise I'll only feel worse and need more time to recoup. I know you have little ones to care for, but you must take care of yourself, too!

Hi Annie welcome to the forums. You've got a lot to deal with and I can understand why you'd be stressed out. Like Jill said you aren't invincible so be sure to take care of yourself! Speaking from experience I would recommend you be as proactive as possible while dealing with any stress associated with the disease. Talk to family and friends and ask for help whenever you need it.

Thanks to you all for replying. Currently the dr doent want me on prescription drugs as im not "severe" enough for him so i take multivitamins and ginger and have a very strict diet. My husband is wonderful and does as much as he can when he is home as he works nights. My stress level is thru the roof as i have a severly autistic 4 year old - a 2 year old they are now testing for autism and my 7 month old baby. I know im not in this alone and i want to learn to live with it and not let it run my life. Im doing quite well on the diet as im super strict on myself. my hubby has a hard time when we go out to eat and i just drink water - thats our big thing right now as i go days without eating cause i get soooo sick and sore. Its very new to us both. Dr wont specify how sick i have to be before he will help. any thoughts?

Thanks to you all for replying. Currently the dr doent want me on prescription drugs as im not "severe" enough for him so i take multivitamins and ginger and have a very strict diet.
This is ridiculous. See someone else. If you can't eat with your family that is more than "severe" enough to receive treatment. Not only that, but you certainly don't want to wait and get WORSE. You deserve treatment and to feel better!

What do you do for stress relief? That really must be taking its toll on you.

Wow, I'm really new to this, too. But I certainly think if you can only drink water...or can't eat for days, you really should be on some sort of meds. I could be very wrong...as I said I am VERY new, JMHO. (((HUGS))) Nat

I'm so sorry to hear all you've gone/are going through. Sounds like God really loves you! I'm newly diagnosed and don't have alot of advice to throw your way, but hope you find the forum helpful and feel welcome here!

im gonna try another dr as, lets face it there is plenty out there. For stress relief i hand stitch cards for friends and family (my family is at home in the UK i only moved here 2 years ago). I have a good attitude in life ive been told - tomorrow is another day. I have to keep it together as best i can for my kids - especially my severly autistic 4 year old daughter, she relies on me for everything as she cant talk and is not potty trained cause she lives in her own little world. My life could be far worse than it is so im gonna learn to live with this disease God has given me and live my life to the fullest. Thank you sooo very much everyone - its good to feel i have friends :)