• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Losing weight fast!

losing weight fast!

Has anyone else have or had this problem? I was 135 in Dec and now I'm down to 113. I feel like crap! I'm on Amitriptyline I started that a couple of weeks ago and waiting to see if that helps but the last two days I have been so sick not wanting to eat knowing it will upset my stomach. Im on the urge every time almost not making it to the bathroom. I want to eat but uh it sucks feeling like crap. I have been having diarrhea with all this. I want to maintain a decent weight. I haven't been 113 in forever! This sucks! :frown:

My first flare of Crohn's I lost 20 pounds in one month-I went from 120 to 100 pounds, and I'm 5'4". Not pretty, but what's really worrisome is it's hard on your body. My GI said most doctors don't worry until you hit 100 pounds, no matter how tall you are. I think it's stupid to let it go that long, personally.

It was a hard road gaining back a decent amount of weight, I used whey protein shakes and it helped with energy. I also added a tablespoon of coconut oil to the shakes, which sounds gross but in a blender makes a creamy consistency. The coconut oil is really good at fighting inflammation.

The doctor can give you other meds to stop the diarrhea, which is what caused my weight to free-fall, and they can give you meds to help your appetite and make your tummy more comfortable when you eat.

Best wishes for better days for you! Hang in there!