• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New guy

M

mike2094

new guy

whats up people, hows it going, my names mike im 21 years old i had crohns for three years or four now, i hate this disease though i guess its in remission but only because im taking the remicade im sure once i stop that i'll get sick again cause i know that when im due for a remicade infusion my stomach starts acting up, i was diagnosed when i was 18 , ive been hospitalized twice, i just got off the prednisone in April, so for the past three years ive been trying different drugs but i became steroid dependent until i finally tried the remicade, now my crohns is better BUT, I have another problem now due to the high dosage of prednisone i took over the past years i now have osteonecrosis AKA avascularnecrosis, its when the blood vessels shrink causing loss of blood flow to the bone and killing it, now i have it in both my knees and i cant run now, and cant even crouch and it hurts like hell to get out of a chair, so any ?'s lol

later,
mike

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome Mike!

I am similar to you in age and diagnosis. I am sorry to hear the difficulties you are facing managing the disease. Have you spoken with your doctors about treating the symptoms of your steroid use? Sometimes the doctors are focused on only treating your Crohn's and do not put any thought to your other symptoms.