Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

07-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
susie.95

To eat or not to eat ?

Who has trouble eating ?
07-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Jessi

My Support Groups:
Susie~ 'yes' I have trouble eating? Or 'yes' I can eat?

Dx'd with Psoriasis in 1993
Dx'd with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2004
Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis on May 18, 2011

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anon.
07-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
susie.95

Both
07-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
susie.95

actually no; oops misread it.
do you have trouble eating ?
07-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
Jessi

My Support Groups:
LOL! Ok thanks.
07-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
Gue33

Eating because I have to, not because I want to. Want this can't have it.
07-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Only during a flare.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
07-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
fromthegut

When I first got diagnosed I was in shock. i was so sick. I tried all kinds of expensive alternative foods. I needed soemthing. They may have even jsut been a "palcebo" effect. It worked.
I have a love ahte reationship wth food. I am morbidly obese. But of course... the thing that people seem to want to buy give me.. is food. Escpeailly my mother.. who i think ahs the same disease. She constanyl tells em I can't do soemthign becasue of my wieght but contniues to ask em to take her and I put to dinenr. She will buy me food at a resturant but will nto give me money for soemthign that I might actually need !! She offers to buy me dinenr to fill ehr need for company. I ahev startd saying no.. and offering antoher option.. but she doesn't like it !!!!!!! she ahs a deep resentment against somebody ?? I think ti is men... and when they don't meet ehr expectations.. she expects ehr children to pick up the pieces. Very sad.
At elast I know this now.. but I ahven't been able to solve the equaltion for me to support myself financially !
You knwo.. the government reminds me of my mom. tthye are liek dysfucntional parents. Somehow they get a payoff for keeping sick people sick.
I am sure there will be a huge announcemnt.. if there hasn't already been about how much the gov.. is saving... but of coruse.. it is by taking from those who are not well off. And the cycle continues !!!!!!!!!!
07-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
CJC

I get hungry, but have no appetite for any particular food. I try to take advantage of those "hungry" times and talk myself into wanting a particular food I know I can tolerate. Problem is, then I eat that food so much in a short amount of time that I build up a food aversion to something I can tolerate. I hate trying to eat in a flare!!
07-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
Joleen23

My Support Groups:
I eat what i like now im in remission , after about a year of not really eating very much at all, im enjoying food again

Methotrexate 20mg per week
Omeprazole 40mg per day
Ferrous sulphate 3 x tablet per day
Folic Acid 1 per day (5 days a week)
Ranitidine
(trammadol & Paraccetamol for painrelief

Diagnosed Nov 2010 - Crohns Colitis
(bowel problems since 16yrs) 29 Yrs old now
So far tried Asacol,Aza,6mp,Remicade
08-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #11
ellipse22

I too have a love/hate relationship with food. During a flare up I don't eat and then I tend to go crazy..which isn't good. I am to the point that I eat regardless because I have no energy. But I pay for it with constant bloating etc. It's funny, I lose weight due to the flare up and then I gain because I can't eat foods high in fibre so it's a lot of starches...so yes I have trouble eating..but I eat regardless!
Abdmonial Pain/Bloating
Difficulty Eating
Weight Loss/Gain
Back Pain
Fatigue
B12 Deficient & Low Iron
Stabbing Pains - LRQ Pain
Groin Pain

Meds:
B12