• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns /colitis who really knows...

I have been dealing with this stupid crap for twenty years been on remicade for the past two, was great until my last infusion. I turned bright red had shortness of breath, luckily the nurse turned around and noticed my panic. She stopped the remicade gave me benadryl and steroids and some needed oxygen. I thought I was on my way to the hospital for sure, but the nurses really knew what they where doing....now I am scheduled to go back this week for an infusion with premeds...I am scared anybody had any experience with this?

Crohn's Mom

Hi Jen and welcome :)

I have no personal experience or knowledge with Remicade, but there is a sub-forum for it in the Treatment section with a ton of great info. Have a look in there and I'm sure someone will be along here to help you with your questions shortly.

I hope this was a one time issue for you with the bad reaction, and things get sorted soon!
Best of luck :)
~T~

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Jen and welcome! How scary! I don't have any experience with Remicade, but I have read about people having reactions. Luckily, is sounds like it can be a one time/fluke thing. I sure hope that is the case with you, and you can succesfully continue with your treatment.