Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Back and better than ever...

07-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
CrohnsGuy

Back and better than ever...

Friends and Fellow Patients,

Just wanted to share my success story of living with Crohn's disease. I've been medication free for over 2yrs now and just completed my first half-marathon ever as part of Team Challenge! Don't let anything keep you down!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kona14.jpg (18.7 KB, 84 views)
07-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Jessi

My Support Groups:
That's fabulous! You look so healthy! I bet you feel great after running. That's one thing I miss - still have vertigo problems, but thank you so much for the HOPE!

Dx'd with Psoriasis in 1993
Dx'd with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2004
Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis on May 18, 2011

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anon.
07-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
CrohnsGuy

Thank you! Patience and perseverance go a loooooong way
08-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
Ekaj

What was your path to remission?

- Trying two anti-inflammatory plants:
1) Boswellia Serrata
2) Andrographis
08-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
AndiGirl
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thank you for sharing!

Pentasa 2x500mg (4 times a day)
Zofran (as needed for nausea)
Ginger Capsules (for Nausea)
Multivitamin
Zoloft 150 mg
Ranitidine 150 mg (2 times a day)
Entocort 3 mg (3 capsules by mouth for 8 weeks, then tapering to 2 capsules for three months)
08-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
CrohnsGuy

Ywelcome! After I hit bottom in March of 2009 with an ileo-colectomy, I became determined to find a better way to "manage" my disease without the use of pharmaceuticals or ever going back under the knife. The words of my GI doctor echoed in my head when he said, "Your disease is something relatively new within the last 100yrs or so while humans haven't evolved much in the last 10,000yrs. What has changed dramatically has been diet." From that point on, I became determined to find a diet that would promote health, but it became much more than diet. I decided I needed to take a much more holistic approach (mind, body, and soul) in order to really be "well." I could write an essay about my steps, and maybe I will at some point, but for now I will leave you with that bit of info. Should you want to know more then we can set up a phone call or Skype sometime and discuss. All the best in your path to wellness!
08-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
amssgirl

Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom. It gives me great hope to see this; to me it shows you can live life to the fullest (and then some) and that Crohn's doesn't always have to run your life. Thank you

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Back and better than ever...