Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Ulcerative Colitis Forum » I have UC. Why do I get mouth ulcers?

08-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #31
KWalker

I have crohn's, and about 3 years ago during my worst flare up, we counted 25, yes 25 ulcers in my mouth at one time. It was the worst pain I've ever felt that period of my life. It was so bad there was no way I could eat anything. Things were too hard and felt like they were cutting the ulcers, soup was too hot, and eventually it got to the point I could barely open my mouth because it felt like I was stretching the ulcers. I lost a ton of weight in a really short period of time, so eventually the doctor gave me this numbing stuff I would gurgle and it froze my mouth long enough to eat a small meal. It was brutal
08-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #32
rean

Well there it is. My question is in the title. I just don't understand, because UC is only in the colon. Strange stuff....

Anyone else with UC and mouth ulcers?
Hi,yes i got it too.Seems its the cortizones.Very important is the basics,clean theeth very properly,floss,rinse your sinusses with slightly mixed salt water often.All the bacteries there attack these ulcers.Remove cane sugar and acid foods,it make it worse.My ulcers slowly heal by itself.Otherwise u can get more medicine for that too.But by this time i hate any extra medicines.Good luck
08-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #33
luckystar2001

argh! I can totally relate! I on average experience up to 5/6 Ulcers a week and I brush very well and use Corsadyl!
08-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #34
David
Co-Founder

I did start him on B complex and that saw them off. I stopped giving him the supplement and when he became ill and was flaring they never did come back.
This could be the key for many of you. Various B vitamin deficiencies can cause mouth ulcers. Iron deficiency anemia can as well. It certainly won't hurt to supplement a little and could possibly make a big difference.
08-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #35
KWalker

Is there any sort of multivitamin that covers all, if not most of the vitamins we need? It could get very expensive to buy a seperate bottle of every single vitamin we need everyday.

Just out of curiosity
01-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #36
rascal555

Well there it is. My question is in the title. I just don't understand, because UC is only in the colon. Strange stuff....

Anyone else with UC and mouth ulcers?
Hi Jesse,
I just joined the site, on behalf of my mom. She has UC and has been suffering with these flare ups of mouth ulcers. You're right about the ridiculous pain that come from them, according to what she tells me. If I call her when she has them, she doesn't even wanna talk because they hurt so bad. After reading everyone's input, I guess I'll research the possibility of it being a "B Complex", (B9), imbalance. You definitely are not alone on this. I'm sorry you have UC and the ulcers, but I'm glad to find out that mom's not alone on this. I'll let you know if I find any answers.
Take care,
Susie
01-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #37
Jessi

My Support Groups:
Thanks, Susie.

It's nice that you're here for the love of your mom. I hope she's well.

Would you care to share your/her story with us? We have a "Your Story Forum" where you can post it so we can all get to know you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dx'd with Psoriasis in 1993
Dx'd with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2004
Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis on May 18, 2011

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anon.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Ulcerative Colitis Forum » I have UC. Why do I get mouth ulcers?