• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Back to work!

G

Gutsache

First day back at work tomorrow after being off work for six weeks with flare ups. This included two spells in hospital! I'm a bit apprehensive as I normally do a manual/physical job.
My boss has told me not worry & that I haven't got any work booked in. Not sure how to approach the situation! Any advice?
Only back for one day this week as I'm seeing a Surgeon/Consultant the following day. :(

i havnt got any advice,but i hope everything goes well.I cant wait to get back to college in september

It all depends on how you are feeling. I guess the obvious thing would be to take it slow at first, especially, since your boss sounds like he understands the situation.

I don't know how you're doing with eating and digesting. But if there's a concern there, you might try eating very light in the morning and afternoon and then eat a larger meal when you're home from work and can get to the bathroom easily.

I'm kind of in the same situation but will be starting a different job hopefully within a couple of weeks. I've been hospitalized twice, with two surgeries in the last month. I know if I were to go back to work right now I'd have to get up a couple of hours early and drink a lot of water to force my bowels to move. And then eat very little throughout the day until getting home.