• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Short version

I suffered for 4 months before diagnosed with Crohn's. The Gastroenterologist put me on Endocort. Thank God Medicare paid all but $43 for 30 day supply. Would have been $1900. The doc told me nothing about how to take care of myself. I was taking pain pills constantly, constipated all the time and was unable to function because of the pain. I lost 25 lbs. from 155 to 130. I feel great now and think I cured myself with Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra. From the very first capsule I took, my pain stopped. I then changed my eating to a Primal diet, much like the Maker's diet. No grains what so ever. No bread, cereal, corn, rice, barley, wheat, Oats, nothing. I used to think Cream of Wheat was good for me, but discovered I was poisoning myself with it.
No dairy except for butter and heavy cream. No sugar. No tubers like potatoe, peas, soy, peanuts. I eat meat, sea food, veggies and fruit. I also take Ensure Plus for the calories even though it contains sugar and other stuff I cut out. I have been pain free for 2 months and weening off endocort. Was M W F this month, next month just Tues and Thurs, then nothing. I feel diet and probiotics are the key.

Silvermoon

Awesome story!

Many people have found changes to their diet, whether big or small, have made huge improvements in their life. :)

I wish you continued success!! :) :)