Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Teeth pain and prednisolone and imuran

07-31-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
drguest

teeth pain and prednisolone and imuran

does imuran or prednisolone cause tooth pain? my teeth are always so sore ! i cant sleep ;-(
07-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
lola99

When i took prednisone is when my teeth started hurting. They are really sensitive to cold. Eating ice cream is extremely painful. I started brushing with sensodyne toothpaste and i've since weaned off the prednisone. Its better but not gone away. Im giving it a few more weeks before i go to the dentist to see if the sensitive toothpaste will work. Imuran probably isn't doing it. I just started imuran about a month ago and my teeth were hurting before from using prednisone. I would go see a dentist if its bothering you so much that you can't sleep. Mine aren't that bad. But i was only on prednisone for a few months before i had to wean.
07-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Crohn'sFor Life
Colon Free!

Prednisone makes my teeth sore and very sensitive to hot and cold.

Colon removed September 26, 2011.
Pathology showed UC instead of Crohn's.

I have arthritis that is very similar to RA, but not RA because I had UC.

Autoimmune related itch.

Meds: 15 mg/week Methotrexate for RA
Cetirizine for the itch
07-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Crohnadian

I've been on pred for years (too long) and my teeth are usually quite sensitive. They'll just start to hurt out of nowhere, and it could last anywhere from a minute to several weeks. Sometimes it's my gums, but usually my teeth.

Surgery (stricture and small-bowel loop) on October 29th, 2010

"If you think you can win, you can win. Faith is necessary to victory."
William Hazlitt

Updated 11/15/2010
08-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
mallenfaye

Yes I too have been suffering with very painful teeth. Some days it is so sore I have to drink through a straw and not eat as stuff coming in to contact with them is so painful.

I am now down to my losest dose of Prednisolone since diagnosis and I have to admit the teeth are starting to feel better. All in all I have been on steroids now since beginning of Feb and I cannot wait to be off them...... Seeing my consultant on Thursday so here is hoping he stops my Pred, 10mg down to 0mg asap please.

I am on Azathioprine too 150mg (3 tablets a day) and I agree that I dont think this is what causes the sore teeth!

Take care x

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Teeth pain and prednisolone and imuran