Share Facebook

07-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
Terri

Thinking about bodybuilding

I've always been a tomboyish athletic girl growing up. My mom was a bodybuilder and now I think I'd like to get into it. I know it would be relatively easy for me to get ripped since I am lean/small. I know to some people they find it unattractive, but I find it to be sexy and it shows how hard one works to obtain what they want.

I also can take this to my advantage since my mom knows a lot and there is a plethora of diets for bodybuilders with Crohn's.

Share your thoughts -
07-31-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
Jefferson

Being on pred a lot has really taken it's toll on my bone density so my doc told me to begin some work with weights. It's been a busy summer so I haven't got around to it yet. I'm going to give a friend of mine who's a physical therapist a call and see if she can advise me on a routine. Thanks for the reminder! Looking forward to others suggestions.

-Jeff

Diagnosed Crohns/Colitis: September 1990
Resections: 1995 & 2005
No Gallbladder!!
Hernia repairs: 7 at last count since 2004

Currently on: Remicade (750 mg every 8 wks) 6-MP, Colazal, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, and B-12 injections

Previous Meds: Prednisone, Flagyl, Colostid, Lyrica, Cipro, Rowasa

Team Challenge Alum and proud member of the Michigan CCFA

http://www.facebook.com/jeff1025
07-31-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Terri

Yea my mom is gonna help me out with the dieting, I can't wait! Who says girls can't have muscles and look sexy too? hopefully I won't go through anymore flare ups cause im ready!
07-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
rygon

My Support Groups:
When I used to go kickboxing, if I trained too hard I would always flare. Just remember by trying to build up muscle you are putting your body under a lot of stress, so take it slowly even if u feel good. It will help reach ur goal quicker in the long run
07-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Terri

Yea.. That I'll be careful with. My mom is 57 years old and most people say she could pass for 40ish! Because she's in such good shape. She could whoop ass for sure! Lol that's why I want to get into it. It will pay off in the long run when I get older.
07-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
Swirl

Yep you can be rip and look good. I'm on a bodyspace site, if u google Bodyspace you'll see it all there. Its like Myspace but for people that workout. If u see me in person when my weight is normal u would think im huge but is a impression that the muscles gives for being on such tiny bones lol. Get into it, its addictive like any sport can be. Its really fun and the pain that you get from lifting isn't really pain anymore, u look forward to it and feel great.

For you, you just have to worried about having broad shoulders which u can easily avoid once u get used to it all.
Add me there if u make a bodyspace account!!!!
07-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Terri

Being Japanese I'm small in general but about avg. Height at 5'6" for a woman.
08-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #8
Beach
Forum Monitor

I've had good luck with lifting. Began doing so about 1 and a half years ago. And so far I've put on close to 20lbs of muscle. My weight though can bounce around quite a bit. With flare ups a few times I've dropped weight quickly.

I lift using a different technique. It's called slow burn. From what I've read it tends to put on muscle quicker than other methods of lifting. Liked slow burn instructor Fred Hahns recent article about misconception of putting on muscles. Steroid users, with their freak looks tend to frighten others from the sport.

http://slowburnfitness.com/weight-lifting-is-for-you/

Good luck if you get into lifting. Lots of sexy looking women lift at the gym I'm at.
08-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
Terri

My guy friends flip when I tell them mom is 57 years old! She seems to stay ripped even when in off season shape. She had been talking me into it and said there are many safe diets for bodybuilders w/ Crohns. My abs I know would be easiest to build up. I've always had somewhat a sixpack haha
08-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
beefcake

Go for it !
ive lifted weights all my life,more strength then bodybuilding,but having Crohns i have always looked ripped !
I deadlifted three times my bodyweight,and i have never taken an illegal substance in my life !
Good luck
08-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
LtHuff

My Support Groups:
http://fitnesschicks.tumblr.com/

Some amazing pics of female builders there. Diesanduhr posted the link on another thread so thank her.
08-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #12
Terri

http://fitnesschicks.tumblr.com/

Some amazing pics of female builders there. Diesanduhr posted the link on another thread so thank her.
Wow they're jacked! Im not far from them..well not much definition like them anyway lol but being Japanese and slim at 5'6" it shouldnt be hard.
08-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #13
Terri

I dont care about doing competition aspect of it..