Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Surgery induced Remission, Year and a few months still healthy

08-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Zalanicht

Surgery induced Remission, Year and a few months still healthy

I will make it more extensive later on...

Jan '10 - Didn't have the big D but just intense pain and more and more weight loss.

Feb '10 DX CD - Tried different drugs but didn't work

Mar - April '10 - In and out of the hospital due to blockages

April '10 - Surgery to removed inflamed section around and including ileocecal valve. Took 2 months to gain 50 LBS to get back to healthy due to being extremely underweight. Started working again, going to the gym, just enjoying life.

June '10 - G.I. puts me on 200 mg Aza to keep me in remission due to how severe it got so fast in the past.

Current:Aug'11 - Still feel amazing, gained 15 LBS of muscle since going to the gym, can't tell I was ever sick except for the scar on my abdomen. Just certain foods which include a lot of MSG cause minor temporary bowel movement pains due to I have no idea what I'm guessing just all the processed shit that's in bad food.

Overall - feelsgoodman.jpg
08-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
tiloah

My Support Groups:
I'm so glad you're feeling good. Hope it lasts a long time (forever). Thanks for posting.
08-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
lookitsjen

that is awesome! gives me hope that i can get better one day. like diesanduhr said, i hope it lasts forever.
08-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
cecilialynn

My Support Groups:
Yes me too , i am happy for you.Do you have Crohns or Colitis?. I had all my colon removed and do have a bag at this point, hope to have a reversal in about 6 mths. I have felt pretty good , i too am trying to put some weight on . I lost 30lbs ,which is alot for someone whos 5ft 9in. I am still in the stage of eating soft foods wtc. But Now i see hope at the end of the tunnel. Thanks again for sharing.
08-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
scottmyster

HI Zal, i'm glad to see your doing so well, and the drug is working for you and that your in remission. i hope you stay that way for a long long time. best wishes.

scott
08-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #6
iggz

Wow this sounds just like my experience. I had my surgery 1 month after you! Same problems as well. Although instead of aza I'm on 6 mp. Congrats
05-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #7
Zalanicht

Hey guys just checking in quickly. I'm still doing great no signs of Crohn's now 2 years after my surgery. Aza is still working well as a remission drug. I'm still working out regularly and am up to 170 lbs!!!! Scary to think 2 years ago I was down to 100 lbs... I think I got a pic of my progress so far somewhere.

Oh well take care guys, I hope everyone the best of luck with everything. I won't ever forget this wonderful place of information and community!!
05-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #8
Angrybird

My Support Groups:
Hiya, really pleased you are doing well, long may it continue! I am on Aza too so this gives me hope

DX: Crohns July 2002
Surgery: Ileocecal Resection Sept 2011
Now:Tummy behaving itself and new mummy to baby Nicholas
Current Meds: 6-MP 75mg,B12 injections every 3 months
Previous Meds: Budesonide, Prednisone, Remicade, Pentesa,Hydroxychlorequine,Azathioprine (tried twice) and Methotrexate
05-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
David
Co-Founder

That's absolutely amazing, good for you!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Surgery induced Remission, Year and a few months still healthy