Share Facebook

View Poll Results: Surgery was successful and put me in remission.
Yes 43 70.49%
No 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

05-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #31
Kaylay34

Hi All. I am a new member. In January I had a small bowel resection and it was a great success.. I changed my life style to be Gluten Free and today started Humira for the first time. Surgery is never fun but for some very necessary to move forward and maintain a healthy, pain free life... I have great trust in my doctors and this was my first surgery. I'm currently on my way to being in remission and overall I feel great...
05-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #32
Nyx

My Support Groups:
My emergency surgery in Dec 2009 was very successful. I had a stoma formed after I had perforated my sigmoid colon and distended my bowel after an extended period of constipation. I must say that while the stoma was a huge surprise, and a lot to get used to, it saved my life...and gave me life back. Prior to my surgery I was pretty much bathroom bound (even though I couldn't poop to save my life, it always felt like I had to), and was slowly bleeding to death. Now, I can eat whatever I want, do whatever I want, and go wherever I want It's been hard, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I've been in remission for 3 1/2 years and haven't been on any meds since my surgery. Knock on wood

Crohn's Diagnosis: May 2006
Current meds: none
Surgeries: Colostomy, December 2009

"Never trust a fart." Jack Nicholson, The Bucket List

Oscar is awesome! Loving my life with my stoma (with a hint of poo)!!

05-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #33
Traumanurse

My Support Groups:
Well good luck Steeler fan. I wish you the best even though I'm a die-hard Bronco fan!

I had a great remission for 11 years after my resection! Yes, diarrhea every day, but it usually staightened out by lunch, took my Lomotil, then OK for the rest of the day.

Unfortunately, have had a flare going on now for over a year. Only terrible at times, but a pain in the.... (so to speak) every day. I hope you have YEARS of remission after the surgery!