• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bye Bye Remicade Hello Imuran.

Well Remicade worked miracles in my body. It closed my fistulas in 4 days. It put me in remission for over a year. However it seems I developed a lupus like reaction to it. I started getting rashes, tender lymphnodes, fatigue, muscle pain, and joint pain. It was few and far between at first, but this last month has been hell. I have woken up every morning feeling like I fell down the stairs. Plus I have been getting crohns symptoms through this last infusion and I flared really badly last night.

My GI called me today. I live about 400 km away from the guy and he has no issues calling me on the phone, and his first day back from vacation was today. I love that guy. Anyway we talked and decided that I can no longer take remicade since I keep getting worse after each infusion. He asked if I wanted Humira, to which I said no. I would rather save it for a rainy day. So I am on imuran again. He called in some prescription for prednison, imuran, and ativan (Thank goodness for ativan, because pred kills me). I went and picked it up and I am all set. Last night I started with 30 mg of leftover pred I had lying around, and I feel a ton better. I woke up feeling great, and I slept like a log because my body did not ache for once.

Imuran worked great for me years ago. I took it for a year and went into remission and I stayed in remission for 3 years after I stopped taking it. So I hope I have the same results.

Wish me luck!!

Astra

Good Luck Lydia!
Sounds like a good plan, Pred does work it's magic quickly
Hope you get back on track soon
xxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Wishing you all the luck in the world hun! I hope you have the same response you did all those years ago...

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

Dusty. xxx

He called in some prescription for prednison, imuran, and ativan (Thank goodness for ativan, because pred kills me). I went and picked it up and I am all set.

Wish me luck!!
What is the ativan for?

I had side effects from Remicade which almost killed me. Wouldn't you be afraid to take another biologic like Humira?

The remicade worked a while it just left me on a ventilator a few months and I have to be n oxygen 24x7 as well as numerous other permenant injuries. Your lucky the lupus went away.

Good luck!