• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi!

Hi guys,
My name is Alex, I'm 23, and I've recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease.

It's been a rocky couple of months, but I'm getting through it. I'm slowly learning how to cope, but it's not easy.

My doctor has me on Prednisone and Purenethol for the time being to keep me stable, since I had a serious flare that put me out of work for a few weeks.

There's not too much to my story, I guess... I didn't have Crohn's, and now I do. Ta-da.

Hi Alex:

Yep, that's really how it is---one day you wake up, go to the doctor's and you find out you have Crohn's. "Ta-da" indeed!

There's a number of different sections to this forum which I think you'll find helpful. If you're having a tough time coping, I would suggest having a look through the "Support" section. You'll be able to start your own thread and get some good support and feedback.

I hope the prednisone is kicking in and that your symptoms are calming down with it.

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing you around!

Cheers,

Kismet

Astra

Hiya Alex
and welcome

Hope you're on the mend now, Pred should knock this current flare on the head!
Enjoy the forum, lots of Crohnie friends here for you
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome, Alex! My Crohn's diagnosis was the same thing - a Ta-Da/out of no where kind of a thing. It can be hard to accept being diagnosed with a chronic illness, but as you said, we have to learn to cope and move on with life.

How are you doing with your new treatment plan?

Hi Alex, like the others, mine came out of no where. Horrible stomach cramps, shooting pain that seemed to paralyze for about 30 seconds. Went to the doc, ordered a CAT at the ER, they told me I wasn't leaving, wonderful. Almost had to watch the SUPER BOWL away from family and friends. Worse things to worry about, any how...welcome.

welcome Alex , i have had crohn's for 21 years now and was remission for 15 years but it flared up again a few weeks ago and i am on predsione and asacol. the preds should do there job and you'll will come around and fell good again and also welcome to the forum.

scott