• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello!

Hi! I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 1999. I have been on every drug over the years, from pentasa, budesinide to imuran, now on remicade 800mg every 6 weeks. I have had two resections, the first one was 8 years ago, last one 4 weeks ago.
Remicade works really well for me, I have felt much better since starting it three years ago. Still constant diarrhea, but Questrin/cholestyramine works wonders!
....I had the last resection due to narrowing, stricture and active disease....felt better as soon as I woke up! I had been severely bloated (pregnant size!!) for months, living on pudding and cream cheese, lol
So great to have found this forum, I am looking forward to making friends
and having others to commiserate or sympathize with!!!

Great to meet you CrohnyKate. So sorry about the two resections. Glad you are feeling so much better now. Welcome to the forum. <3

HI crohnykate, welcome to forum . it's great your doing well , sorry to hear about your surgerys. you will feel welcomed here and it's a great forum to meet new friends and a great place with lots of knowlegde. i have had crohn's for 21 years now and in remission for 15 years until recently it flared up again but i am on preds and some other drugs to help with the imflammation. but your a fighter and that's good to hear. best wishes and i will see you around the forum.

scott

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Kate and welcome! That is great news that you felt better as soon as you woke from your recent surgery. I guess you know it was certainly needed! Hopefully, Remicade will continue to work well for you and you won't need any more surgeries.

Once again, welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing you around!

Hi Chronykate and welcome!!!

This forum is full of great people and each of us has a similar, yet different story to tell. We've been through a lot, we know how it feels and there is always someone out there who's wearing the same size shoes as you are.

x