Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » If you had a chance would you chose a no crohns life?

View Poll Results: If you had a chance would you take back getting sick?
yes 211 83.40%
no 17 6.72%
not sure 25 9.88%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

01-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #61
UnXmas
Banned

My Support Groups:
I'd choose not to have it. However, it's in no way the worst thing about my life.

I have other medical condtions that have been far worse for me than Crohn's.

Dealing with doctors as a secondary result of Crohn's has affected my life more than Crohn's itself - in a bad way unfortunately.

I can understand why some people would be glad to have Crohn's because if they didn't they might have missed out on positive experiences that have coincidently come about because of their illness. I don't feel that things have turned out for me as they should at all, so I don't feel that kind of gladness.

There are quite a few things in my life that have made it much more unhappy than Crohn's could ever do. I in no way see Crohn's as a major problem. To me Crohn's is not something you'd want if you had the choice. But it won't stop you living a happy, fulfilled life.
01-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #62
Beebop

I would choose a life without Crohn's. I really struggled getting my head around it when I was first diagnosed and the medications have not been my friend. If I had the choice to not worry about it I so would take it!!! It's the little things... I am getting married next Feb and once the initial excitement wore off of this (only been engaged a few weeks) the thought came to mind of I hope I am not sick for it. Stupid Crohn's I say!
05-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #63

I'd want to get rid of it now but from day one? i'm not sure.

It's a scary question.
05-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #64
Stew

It's hard to say if I would want to rid my life of it or not. It's been frustrating as hell to have, but it's also improved who I am and introduced me to some of my best friends who I never want to imagine my life without.
If I could meet my friends again and know how I would turn out otherwise, I would, but it's so hard to know for sure.
Main Symptoms: Stomach cramps, loss of appetite, constant weight fluctuations
12-11-2016, 02:51 AM   #65
TLF1996

If someone came up with a cure that had a 90% chance of killing me, I would take it without a doubt.

I have had Crohn's for 10 years, it has been moderate to server the whole time and my doctors are running out of treatments.
12-11-2016, 12:51 PM   #66
Pug Gamer

I definitely would be without crohns. I have alot of other illnesses also (some crohns related, some not) so i would never be well.. but with 8 diagnosed illnesses i would find it alot easier to live with and have a better quality of life if i only had a couple. Crohns literally hasnt given me anything good.. And id say with the stricture it has provably been the hardest to live with.
12-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #67
Tubes

My Support Groups:
This is a tough question because dealing with crohn's has made me a more patient and in a lot of ways better person but getting it at age 11 made me miss out on so much stuff in middle & high school and later plus over the years has lead to more and more health issues.Seeing that I can't take it away it's just life there's been both good and bad that came from it.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » If you had a chance would you chose a no crohns life?