• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here. Just diagnosed today

Hey everyone. After 5 months of chronic diarrhea and abdominal bloating/pain I had my colonoscopy today.

When I woke up they told me I had Crohn's Disease. Also Ileus- the Dr. said he sent off a sample of something to be tested and I should hear from him in a week or two.

I will be taking Asacol (3 tablets 2x a day) indefinitely.

So that's about all I know.

I'm 24 yrs old, female, mom to 2 sweet girls and a college student. Nice to meet everyone!! :heart:

Welcome to the party. I envy your age at diagnosis. While Crohn's is not easy for anybody, it's somewhat harder for those of us who started suffering as little ones. So, you've got THAT going for you.

Read read READ as much as you can. Don't take the word of any doctor as gospel. Trust, but verify, just like Ronald Reagan. ;-)

Jessi

Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry about your condition, but it's good that you've been diagnosed, and are getting the help that you need. You and your family will learn a lot of new things very quickly. This forum is filled with information, advice, opinions, and most importantly, friends... people who really understand what you're going through.

I was put on Asacol, too. It really helped me, but everyone is different. Let us know how it's working for you as time goes by. You'll hear about a lot of different kinds of medications, as well as diets that could be helpful for you.

Welcome again! I hope you feel well soon!

welcome to the forum, like the others sorry to hear about you diagnosis although i am glad you caught it early i am also on asacol and it works for me too . Have a look around ask lots of questions and people in this forum will respond.best wishes.

scott

I'm new to the forum, but not to Crohns. I'm 48 and have been diagnosed for about 10 years. I've not had the problem a lot of people have had. I have had loose bowels for ever, as long as I can remember. I finally got tired of it so I went to the Dr. and after the scope, I was diagnosed. On top of that, I have IBS and Acid Reflux. So talk about a diet restriction. I'm not going to live with all the restrictions. I eat what I want until I have a flare up. I guess I'm hard headed!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :) Glad I found this place to learn and connect with others who understand what I'm going through.