Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Coming off Prednisone

08-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
jaggartini

Coming off Prednisone

I've been on Prednisone for 6 months; started at 50mg at the beginning of the year with a sign of a flare and have been tappering down to nothing. Was on 2.5mg for the past month so came off it pretty slowly.
I've been off it for about a week now and i feel terrible. I'm extremely tired, headaches, up and down etc. (Almost the same symptoms i get when i go on it bar the shakes). Can we get some wort of withdrawals after being on it for so long? I thought I may have been getting sick, a virus or something but then though to myself it may be b/c I've come off Prednisone since I was on it for longer than I normally am.

Anyone had this?
G

Currently taking:
4 x 1g sachets Pentasa (every morning)
5mg x Prednisone
Probiotic Daily

Allergic Reaction to Imuran May 2011.
Reaction to Cyclosporin Nov 2011.
I've said no to Methotrexate as it sounds toxic and GI doesn't like using it.
Next stop may be surgery.

Had a major flare last Nov, hospitalised where I haemorrhaged. Ended up in ICU and blood transfusion.

08-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Lydia

Your adrenaline glands may be a bit lazy and trying to work. Sometimes it happens, talk to your doctor about how you feel. Or it may be just a coinicidence.
08-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
mcneil143

I have done a fair amount of reading recently and have read that coming off of steroids can cause the symptoms you are having ... sometimes can also cause a flare again... DEFINITELY talk to your doctor. You may be steroid dependent....

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Coming off Prednisone