Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Timothy Burke of Clackamas, Oregon

Old 08-24-2011, 11:32 PM
NameDr. Timothy W Burke
Address15775 SE 82nd Dr.
 Clackamas, Oregon, 97015
 United States
Websitehttp://www.pacificdigestive.com
Phone503-722-9155
Biohttp://www.pacificdigestive.com/burkebio.html
 View Directory Entry
08-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
MJones

Very informative, friendly, thorough, and caring.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility
01-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
SickLikeMe

My experience with Dr Burke was not great... he's a nice guy, but I felt like he was just a drug dispensary. To sum-up my office visits, they went something like this: I come in and tell them that the last prescribed drug did not change anything, and he would recomend that I try another (or others). This went on for several months and perhaps that's what a Gastroenterology doc does; just prescribe drugs until one is found that works? No talk of diet, no talk of precise symptoms I was having.

The breaking point was when I called up the office with abdominal pain wanting to see if I could get in and talk to them about it. In this time of need they said that they couldn't/wouldn't see me, and that my best bet was to check into the Emergency room somewhere. It wasn't like i was insisting on getting in immediately... if you're in pain go to the ER is their policy. I could believe that they would turn their backs on a patient like that. A few weeks later things went really downhill for me and I ended up in the hospital having lost 40 lbs.

Thus I can't recommend Dr Timothy Burke.

Rating:
3 / 5 Bedside Manner
1 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
1 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Timothy Burke of Clackamas, Oregon