Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Ash Bassi of Merseyside, United Kingdom

Old 08-25-2011, 09:17 AM
NameDr. Ash Bassi
AddressWhiston Hospital, Prescot
 Merseyside, United Kingdom, L35 5DR
 Europe
Websitehttp://www.sthk.nhs.uk/pages/Departments.aspx?iPageID=959
Phone0151 426 1600
BioDr Bassi is a Consultant Gastroenterologist and part of a team consisting of 3 other consultants and 4 nurse consultants.
Dr Bassi's qualifications - MBBS (1995) MRCP MPhil

Gastroenterology is located on Level 3 in the Green Zone of the hospital
 View Directory Entry
08-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Astra

My Support Groups:
Dr Bassi is a very likeable young man in his early 30's.
He is very understanding, compassionate and very knowledgeable about IBD.
He has a keen interest in Crohn's in particular. Dr Bassi is also very in touch with medication and keeps abreast of current trends in treatment.
When I first met him in 2005 my first impression was of how he actually listened to my story and did not dismiss it as the ravings of a lunatic.
He immediately ordered a colonoscopy and performed the procedure himself, talking me through it as he went along. I got my diagnosis the same day, and he said 'we're going to be friends for life'
I have seen him every 6 months since then and I am always greeted like an old friend. I also have his number on speed dial! He will always phone back if I can't get to speak with him.
Dr Bassi came to visit me in hospital last year and was very concerned about me, he told me that he'd been watching and waiting by the sidelines, ready to operate if necessary. He sat on my bed and chatted for over an hour!
I can't recommend this wonderful consultant enough!

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Ash Bassi of Merseyside, United Kingdom