• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here!

N

NeverxxSurrender

Hello to everyone! :]

I'll just give you all a lil bit of basic info before I get into the Crohn's stuff. :p

Name: Allison
"Problem": Crohn's Disease
Date of Diagnosis: Late April/Early May of 2004
Enjoys: Photography, Photoshop, anime, video games, hanging out with friend & my boyfriend

Now for a lil bit about my Crohn's, heh. Well, as I said above I was diagnosed in late April/early may in 2004 right around my birthday. It was the very end of the school year when I was in 8th grade when I began getting pains in my "rear" and I started bleeding just a little bit, then more heavily. At first I thought that I had gotten my period just like every other month, but then I realized that it was something else, something more serious.

At first I was horrified, and was under an extreme amount of stress. Me and my mom had just started living with my grandpa because my father was a serious alcoholic and tried killing my mom so we needed somewhere to live until my mom could find an apartment. Now I didn't want to cause any more stress for my mom, but I waited until it got really bad to tell my mom. She took me to the doctor who examined it, but he wasn't really sure what it was at first - but he was somewhat sure it was probably Crohn's. Summer came, and it got worse and worse to the point where I couldn't sit down without being in excruciating pain and on the verge of tears. I could barely even lay down due to the pain, but had to make due until I could get tested to see what I had. Finally, I got an upper and lower GI done, and my doctor found out that I did, in fact, have Crohn's.

From there they started me on 6MP and Ciproflaxin. My Crohn's started to go into remission, but the 6MP and Cipro wasn't enough. About a year and a half ago they started me on Remicade and most recently they took me off of 6MP. So...here I am now! My Crohn's has been in remission since around the time I started the Remicade, but I actually think it's starting to flare up again. :[ Luckily my next infusion is on September 10th - hopefully it'll go back into remission by then.

Anyways, that's my story, not very detailed, but I was so young when I got it I don't remember too much. :[

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Hi Allison,

Welcome to the forum! You have coped so well to date at such a young age. Some of the folks here were diagnosed young too and I am sure you will bump into them.

I am on remicade too and due my 4th infusion on 4th Sept but was only diagnosed Xmas 06.

Looking forward to seeing you post more, and I think you know now we will help in any way we can.

Take care

N

NeverxxSurrender

soupdragon69 said:
Hi Allison,

Welcome to the forum! You have coped so well to date at such a young age. Some of the folks here were diagnosed young too and I am such you will bump into them.

I am on remicade too and due my 4th infusion on 4th Sept but was only diagnosed Xmas 06.

Looking forward to seeing you post more, and I think you know now we will help in any way we can.

Take care

Hehe, thank you. :]

Now you've got me wondering what number infusion I'm on...I used to go every 4-5 weeks, now I'm down to every 7 weeks. It went from a 6 hour infusion to now...about 4 hours.

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
I had three in a 6wk timespan then the rest will be every 8wks according to my consultant. Havent had any probs so far and they run over 2hrs.

Might be they are going gently with you as you are young - I on the other hand am the ripe old age of 38 ;-)

Take care babe

Welcome. Glad to hear the Remicade has done a good job in keeping you in remission. Hopefully your recent symptoms are just a minor setback.

K

killerzoey

Just wanted to say "hi" and welcome. You are so young! I hope the Remicade continues to work well for you, so you can just focus on those great talents of yours and on stumbling toward some wonderful future (((hug)))