Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. John Tzagournis of Columbus, Ohio

Old 08-28-2011, 06:35 PM
NameDr. John P Tzagournis
AddressColumbus, Ohio
 United States
Websitehttp://digestiveassociatesofohio.com/
Phone614-458-1183
BioJohn P. Tzagournis MD

Education:

Fellowship:
Ohio State University, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition 2003-2006
Residency:
Mount Carmel Medical Center, Internal Medicine 2000-2003

Academic Chief Resident, July 2002-June 2003
Internship:
The Ohio State University Medical Center 1999-2000, Surgical Intern
Medical Education:
The Ohio State University College of Medicine 1995-1999/ Doctorate of Medicine

Undergraduate Education:
Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio/ Degree: Bachelor of Science, Biology
Certifications:
American Board of Gastroenterology
Special Interests:
Screening Colorectal Cancer, GERD, Ulcerative Colitis
 View Directory Entry
08-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Anonymous
Anonymous Doctor Reviewer

I would never recommend this doctor. I left his care after a 3 hour wait where the receptionist slammed the door in my face rather than discuss the reason for the wait. When I finally saw him he informed me that someone had given me the wrong medication dosage for the past 6 months.

I think giving him 1 star, is giving him too much credit.

Rating:
1 / 5 Bedside Manner
1 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
1 / 5 Ease of accessibility
06-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
pook73

Dr. Tzagournis was assigned to meet my Mom in the hospital where she had her gall-bladder removed. I was there to witness his unfortunate bedside manner. Mom was scared having unexpectedly received a diagnosis of cirrhosis and Dr. Tzagournis only increased her fear and from what I learned later he did so unnecessarily. Multiple times in their brief conversation, he accused Mom of being a drinker, which she absolutely was not. (I know. I live with her and spend every day with her. If she has one drink once every six months, that is unusual. She hardly ever has anything at all.) He failed to discuss the other ways in which one can get cirrhosis and so Mom's confidence in him plummeted. He had her convinced that she was going to die as a result of the illness and that there was no hope for her based on her age. Mom rightfully refused to see him and she found another much better doctor. The new doctor did not accuse her of being a drinker. He pointed out that you can get cirrhosis from NAFLD and NASH, etc. Dr. Tzagournis was absolutely deplorable in his behavior. I'll say this, if your doctor doesn't trust you, don't trust your doctor.

Rating:
1 / 5 Bedside Manner
1 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
1 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. John Tzagournis of Columbus, Ohio