Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Hello.. Again... :)

01-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #31
robbo87

My Support Groups:
I asked the police about a restraining order yesterday when they phoned me. The policemen pretty much dismissed having a restraining order against them saying that there is no real reason to believe i need one...as he doesn't feel they are the type of people who would come looking for me so to speak. Now whilst i'm not expecting them to come knocking on my door wanting to batter me, the threat of seeing them out and about in the future is a very real one and i dont know what could happen if i were to "bump" into them. One of them won't even be going to prison anyway due to the light conviction that he got.
omeprozol 40mg
codeine x4
laparimide
ferrous sulphate
folic acid

ileostomy, colostomic mucus fistula stoma. gastostromy after recent surgery

tried, prednisolone, pentasa, azathioprine and infliximab
01-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #32
Jessi

My Support Groups:
I don't know about the UK, but if you want a restraining order, I believe you have the right... even if the police say they don't see a need. It should be your decision. I know I'd want one.

Dx'd with Psoriasis in 1993
Dx'd with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2004
Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis on May 18, 2011

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anon.
01-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #33
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
It is not the 'right' of a police officer to make a decision as to whether you need a restraining order. It is up to a judge! If you are frightened, you have every right to request one! The police can suggest it isnt necessary, but they cannot determine whether it is required or not.

But, you must feel that you are threatened. Unless they've changed the law in the last 10 years? (couldv'e done, mine was on my ex husband back in 2003)
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
01-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #34
Astra

My Support Groups:
Hiya Martin

this has eff all to do with the Police!
this is done thro a civil rather than a criminal judge. Take no notice of Plod!
the difference is - a restraining order is temp, the injunction permanent.
don't forget CICA too, they will pay out, I know it's not gonna bring back the way you were, but it's what you're entitled to.
sending big hug your way
xxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

01-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #35
Trysha

My Support Groups:
Hello Martin,
Thought the following info may be useful to you:

victimsupport.org.uk
Tel: 0845 3030 900
The website is very informative, but you can also phone them.
They will help you in making a claim.
So sorry you have suffered so much and hope you will receive all the necessary help for the future.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha
01-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #36
Soybean

My Support Groups:
Ah Martin I've only just seen this update. I'm so happy that they got sentences. I was reading your post, holding my breath, then let out a big YES! Sam laughed at me and said what are you so happy aboot, so I told him and he remembers me telling him aboot you before so is really happy too I agree with everyone above re the injunction, so that you can start to feel safe again.
Although there are still parts of this that are unfair re their sentences and the newspaper artical, I hope you can start to heal those memory wounds now, remember that saying today's papers are tomorrows fish and chips wrappers. We all know they were completely in the wrong, and so do all your friends and family and now the justice system has shown that to be true too.
Big hugs xx
01-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #37
robbo87

My Support Groups:
yeah I made a claim with the CICA but it's been a long time since i've heard anything, although i was told it can take a year if not longer to get that sorted. I'm also pursuing the possibilty of taking civil action aswell, although I'm now having doubts because i feel i would just be giving them more reason to want to do something stupid if i went and sue'd them, so i dont know whether to just stick to the cica claim and drop everything else. I do need to give victim support a ring but i just keep putting it off.
01-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #38
Astra

My Support Groups:
Stick with the CICA claim, that won't hurt your pocket!
and yes it takes a long time to come thro, Jeff's was put back a year cos they had to pay out the 7/7 victims first.
good luck xxx
04-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
robbo87

My Support Groups:
Just wanted to add that the case is over and the men where sentenced about a month ago. Neither of them will so much as see a jail cell... Pretty disgusted about it all tbh. one of them was going to get 2 and a half years, but as he helps look after his girlfriends children who have autism who are both in their 20's, the judge felt it would be unfair to jail him as they would suffer. And also decided not to jail the second man involved because its not fair if the other one wasn't being jailed... Disappointing after going through all the stress of the court case not to mention what I've been left with, But hey ho, onwards and upwards. I think I've spent more than enough time dwelling on things now. Can't let it drag me down anymore. whats done is done.
04-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #40
David
Co-Founder

Wow. Remind me to make sure I line up a sob story if I ever decide to commit a crime. I'm sorry things didn't turn out as well as you had hoped but at least the case is over.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Hello.. Again... :)